What is Serialization?
Serialization is a process of converting an Object into a stream of bytes so that it can be transferred over a network or stored in persistent storage. Deserialization is the exact opposite – Fetch a stream of bytes from network or persistence storage and convert it back to the Object with the same state. There are various ways to achieve that. Some of them are:
- XML: The Extensible Markup Language, abbreviated XML, is a markup language for representing hierarchically structured data in a text file format that can be read by both humans and machines.
What does GuardingPearSoftware’s Serialization do?
GuardingPearSoftware’s Serialization bases on binary serialization. It is specially designed for your demands on Unity3D. Designed in a way to be:
- Easy to use and precise: Serialize only what you need!
- Very fast: Up to 5 times faster than ProtoBuf-Net!
- Small space: At least 3 times smaller than Json!
- Security: Easy and fast encrypt- and decryptable.
- Compress: Used space is still too much? Activate auto compression!
- Extendable: Create easily custom serialization components to serialize/deserialize the most complex classes.
- Obfuscate able: Serialization and Obfuscation? Always a problem. But not anymore with GuardingPearSoftware’s Serialization.
Is this the right product for you?
If you want to store data: Yes!
If you want to share data over the network: Yes. Especially for multiplayer games!
If you want to create complex save systems: Yes. Creating an RTS game save system? No problem!
If you want a one click software to save whole scenes or gameobjects: No. Then you should use a software like: Easy Save from Moodkie
So this asset gives you a powerfull tool to serialize and deserialize fast and space saving complex objects.
To give you a fast start, three well documented demos are within the
package, containing all important informations and examples.
If you have any question, just do not be afraid to ask!
- From Unity 5.x onwards to Unity 2022!
- All Unity3D supports 🙂